The UK Spouse Visa from Thailand allows a UK national or permanent resident of the UK to sponsor migration for Thai partner to the United Kingdom. The application for this type of visa can only be done and applied from Thailand. Currently, the British Embassy in Bangkok does the process for all UK visa applications in Thailand.
UK Spouse Visa in Thailand
The length of the whole application be subject to the number of petitions received by the embassy. The initially granted UK Spouse Visa in Thailand has a validity of two years and nine months.
Admissibility for the UK Spouse Visa in Thailand:
– The applicant and sponsor should be 18 years or older
– Both should be legally married
– The applicant must meet the requirements for the English language test and TB Test
Accredited testing centers are provided by the UK Immigration.
– The Petitioner must meet the financial requirement for sponsorship
Specific documentation list is provided by the UK Immigration and failure to submit the specified documents would lead to refusal.
The UK immigration gives a probationary period for the couples wherein they would check if the couple is still living together, and are still married at the end of the period. Once evaluated, the Thai spouse may then be able to apply for the Leave to Remain for further stay in maximum time period of 5 years until Indefinite Leave to Remain be applied for. The, eventually for UK citizenship.
Evidence necessary for the application are as follows:
– Marriage certificate
Ceremonial certificate is invalid and not accepted, the marriage document issued must be a legal binding document as husband and wife.
– Proof of genuine marital relationship with British spouse such as photos together, communication means and financial support.
– Proof of accommodation in the UK in the form of Register of Title, Lease agreement or Utility bills, photos of home will be necessary as well.
– Financial proof of stability for UK spouse
Documents will be specified accordingly depending on which category it falls under.
– Applicant should be free of tuberculosis and passed the English test requirement